This herb and Dijon wet rub creates a flavorful crust over the prime rib as it cooks. This rub is perfect whether you bake, grill, rotisserie, or smoke the roast.
- 1/3 cup/80 mL Dijon Mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL fresh marjoram leaves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL stone ground mustard (optional)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sea salt (use more if roast is large)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL onion powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL coarse ground black pepper
- Prep Time: 12 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 12 minutes
- Yield: about 1/2 cup
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Apply wet rub all over prime rib roast and cook as directed. You can prepare this mixture, cover and let sit for 15-20 minutes before using. This allows the flavors to meld properly. Store mixture in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days after preparation. Double recipe if you are cooking a very large roast, otherwise, this amount works well for a four bone rib roast.